Thursday, April 15, 2010

Summary of Learning: Final Reflection - Seuss Style!

For my summary of learning, I decided to take my love of Dr. Seuss books and tell my technology learning journey through the characters and some of the events in the book, Oh, The Places You'll Go. Ever since I saw the stop motion animation in class I have really wanted to try it myself. I used Windows Movie Maker to edit together my pictures and for all of the websites, I used a combination of Jing and Snagit to take pictures and crop the logos.

Here are a few things that I learned while making my very first stop motion film:
1. It takes a lot of patience and a steady hand (next time, the camera will be on a stand).
2. ALWAYS check for shadows in the first few pictures before continuing on.
3. Windows Move Maker is a great tool to used, just be very patience with it.
4. SAVE! SAVE! SAVE you work!

In regards to the last point, the only part of this project that frustrated me slightly was that my Windows Movie Maker kept freezing up on me which led to me not only losing some of the work I did but having to wait about ten minutes for it to reload. However, patience is a virtue and I learned very quickly that I need to take my time and wait until my mouse pointer is finished loading before clicking or loading something else.

Anyways, with out further ado, here is my video. Enjoy!

Beginner Technology in Seuss English: Oh, The Places I've Been

Beginner Technology in Seuss English:  Oh, The Places I've Been

1 comment:

  1. Your final reflection was awesome!! My kids love Dr. Seuss so I found what you did wonderful.

    ReplyDelete