Thursday, April 15, 2010

Final Project : K - 5 Resource Page Wikispace

For my final project, Erica , Kaitlyn and I decided to create a Kindergarten to Grade 5 Resource wikispace .

For me personally, this project really was something that I have been wanting to do for a long time. In first and second year, I really felt underwhelmed in terms of having my classes provide me with actual concrete resources not just theoretically ideas. The prospect of teaching First Nation and Metis content in the classroom was something that I was quite nervous about however, my pre-internship provided me with a vast range of resources from a extensive list of First Nation and Metis books to a variety of math games that I actually had a chance to teach with. Having these resources available at my pre-internship school really helped me get over my fears and that is the main reason I wanted to include them as well in our wikispace.

Looking back, I would of found a resource page like this to be very helpful and a great starting point for me to get familiar with teaching resources in general. I plan on contacting several professors to let them know about our wikispace in hopes that it will not only help out future teachers but also bring together newly graduated teachers in order to collaborate and share resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment