Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Flickr Spelling Application

As I was going through the recent blog posts, I found a very interesting post titled, Flickr Spelling by Erica . She had discovered a Flickr application that will allow you to spell your name with pictures of single letters. I think that this was quite creative and have been inspired to try it myself...Thank You Erica!

Below is my final result:

C letter A Cast Iron Capital Letter L (North Scituate, RI) letter L metal type letter I S chocolate letter T letter

Overall, I found this application to be fairly easy to navigate however, the site that I used to create the above image looks slightly 'unofficial' but you still arrive at the desired result. I definitely could see classroom applications for this technology tool specifically relating to letter recognition and spelling.

3 comments:

  1. That's really neat! I've actually done something along this line, except I used things around the farm. It takes a long time to find things in nature, but it's a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment and the great idea...having students find letters in their own environments would made for a awesome project or field trip scavenger hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey buddy, I am glad you like to spell, especially with FLICKR!!I'll make sure I put this on our resource page too!!

    ReplyDelete